Call for applications for ISIS Arts research residency deadline: 30.03.11
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30/03/2011
Visual and Media artists, UK and beyond, are invited to apply for a three-week research residency at ISIS Arts, Newcastle Upon Tyne (UK), to take place between April to end of December 2011 (excluding August).
There are 4 residency opportunities:
- 2 for artists based outside the UK.
- 2 for artists based in the greater North region, encompassing the North West including Cumbria, the North East and Yorkshire.
- This is an opportunity for artists to spend time in a self-contained city centre studio space to research a new project or idea without the constraints of having to necessarily produce a body of work; the emphasis for this residency is on research not on finished art works.
- Artists may apply individually or as part of a group (however the fee per residency will not change).
- All artists will have access to ISIS equipment, critical support and introductions to arts networks in the region.
- Some technical assistance (2 days of training/technical support per residency) is also available but the artist is expected to be mostly self-reliant and familiar with the media they want to use.
- All artists are expected to present their work at ISIS as part of an artist talk event.
- There is a fee of £1500 for the minimum of a three-week period (to include travel and accommodation costs).