Beyond the Obvious | Culture Action Europe Conference
Beyond the Obvious – from producing things to nurturing social capital
Culture Action Europe Annual Public Conference and General Meeting
October 9-11, 2014
Newcastle Gateshead (UK)
Three thought-provoking days
• to look beyond the obvious assumptions and beliefs of the cultural sector
• to explore the future borders and edges of culture
• to leverage human networks and arts so as to actively shape social change
• to shift the focus from “producing things” to “nurturing social capital”
• to reassess culture’s contribution to social and economic regeneration – locally, nationally, and at the European level with an unusual rhythm of institutional moments, uncommon dialogues, and laboratory-style working sessions to stimulate unexpected connections for participants and speakers, andto help generate social capital.
To download the latest version of the programme, find out more details or register for the conference please click here.
ISIS Co-director, Clymene Christoforou sits onthe Executive Committee of Culture Action Europe.